IGEL development has been busy extending support across the IGEL OS – ensuring agile endpoint computing compatibility across a complete spectrum of clients, applications, hardware and peripheral devices. In fact, as part of our commitment to supporting our customers with compatibility for the latest EUC technology, IGEL maintains support standards for more than 80 third-party devices and applications.
Today, IGEL is pleased to announce that the following new features are available with the IGEL OS 10.05.500 firmware release:
- VMware Horizon Client 4.10 and 4.9 Support. With IGEL OS 10.05.500, customers can be assured compatibility with the latest release of VMware Horizon Client, 4.10, as well as 4.9. Full VMware certification for Horizon Client 4.10 is currently in process.
- Expanded Citrix Workspace Support. IGEL OS 10.05.500 also provides compatibility with Citrix Workspace app 1812, just released on December 14. In conjunction with this support, the IGEL OS has also been adjusted to reflect new Citrix product naming conventions for Citrix Workspace app, including the updates for icons and revised Citrix branding for easier customer navigation. This latest IGEL OS release is currently undergoing Citrix Ready certification.
- New Client Hardware Support. IGEL is committed to delivering support for a full spectrum of client hardware. In this latest release, IGEL adds support for the Dell Wyse 5070 (Thin Client), LG CK500 (All-in-One Thin Client), and Onyx Venus-223 (All-in-One client for Healthcare). By furthering IGEL support for these devices, IGEL is ensuring that customers using this hardware can benefit from the complete IGEL OS feature set.
- New Peripheral Device Support. In addition to supporting new client hardware, the IGEL OS 10.05.500 offers validated support for the following peripheral devices:
- Jabra headset/handset devices: The following devices are now supported: Jabra PRO 9470, Jabra HANDSET 450, Jabra EVOLVE 65, Jabra EVOLVE 75. The new OS release also enables Remote Call Control (RCC) from Jabra, controlling the state of radio connections in Bluetooth headsets, and the IGEL OS now allows for the remote firmware update of Jabra devices using the Jabra Xpress/Device Updater. The Jabra Xpress mechanism can also deploy firmware updates and settings on Jabra USB headsets with IGEL OS 10.05.500.
- Plantronics headsets: The following Plantronics headsets are also now supported: Blackwire 5210, Voyager Focus UC B825 and Voyager 8200 UC.
- Philips speech recognition headsets and dictation recorders: With the new Philips Speech Driver update in IGEL OS 10.05.500, the following Philips devices are also now supported: SpeechOne 6000 and SpeechAir 2002 for wireless dictation applications.
- Additional client updates: Rounding out the list of new client, application and device support offered by the IGEL OS 10.05.500 includes:
- deviceTRUST 19.1.100: Through the deviceTRUST agent, this contextualizing software can check the IGEL UMS and ICG authenticity using their certificates on IGEL OS for greater network security and control.
- FireFox 60.03: IGEL OS now supports this latest FireFox browser release.
- Parallels Client 126.96.36.19968: IGEL OS now additionally supports this Parallels client release for cost-effective application delivery and VDI implementations.
We like to say that the IGEL OS is revolutionary. Part of our revolutionary approach is our commitment to the continuous release of new industry support and compatibility features. In doing this, our customers can be assured that IGEL OS will support the technology they want to use today, as well as the clients, apps and devices they select to use in the future.
Have questions about our latest release? Send me a note here.