WE BELIEVE SECURITY ON THE ENDPOINT SHOULD BE BUILT-IN, NOT A BOLT-ON!
IGEL OS is a secure endpoint operating system with security ‘built-in’ for the ‘work from anywhere’ era. Its read-only, modular, small footprint is designed to minimize endpoint security exposures and stores no corporate data locally. IGEL OS helps prevent attackers from infiltrating your organization through the most common entry point: your employees’ devices.
ENDPOINT SECURITY STATS
monthly vulnerabilities for Windows that require patching
For over 25 years, organizations have commonly deployed Windows across their PCs and laptops to support the hundreds and thousands of applications today’s businesses run on. However, while this familiar, well-known desktop operating system delivers productivity, it has prominent security and management challenges that have only increased in the ‘work from anywhere’ era. Constant patching, updates, reliance on VPNs, and a wealth of security agents make managing endpoints a full-time job. Many of these challenges are overcome with Microsoft Cloud PC and Windows AVD, which offer Windows from the cloud. Still, the question then becomes, what operating system do I deploy on my employee endpoint devices. Enter IGEL OS, the managed operating system for secure access to any digital workspace.
HOW IGEL HELPS
IGEL OS AT WORK…
TURN USER DEVICES INTO RANSOMWARE NON-TARGETS
IGEL makes security simpler. By converting any compatible x86-64 device into a fully functioning read-only cloud workspace, and moving Windows into the cloud, you immediately minimize endpoint attack surfaces, whether on licensed endpoints or on users’ own devices. And that allows you to focus on creating a rock-solid security strategy for your data centers and clouds, without having to worry about what’s going on out in the wild.
IGEL OS is the managed operating system for secure access to any VDI, DaaS, and cloud workspace.
It’s secure by design:
- Linux based: inherently secure and proven to be safer than Windows on an endpoint
- Read-only: locked-down and tamper-proof
- Modular: use only the modules you need to minimize attack surfaces
- Chain of trust: cryptographic signature verification sequence at startup or re-boot from the hardware or UEFI all the way to the VDI host or cloud – ensures end-to-end system integrity
Say so long to constant patching
Forget multiple patches for multiple machines.
Deploy your patches all in one go in your secure data center or cloud workspace environment. Then immediately revert to an earlier image if you encounter problems. Roll out new apps and software quickly and securely, and bring new users into your network with ease. IGEL OS also ensures migrating to Windows 10 can be achieved with the minimum fuss.
IGEL OS makes maintaining endpoint security easy and smart.
- All Windows updates and patches take place in the secure data center or cloud
- IGEL OS updates on endpoint devices are super-easy to execute via a console drag-and-drop
- Many thousands of IGEL OS-powered endpoints can be updated at once, or any subset
- All IGEL OS updates are verified by IGEL OS at each endpoint to ensure a secure process
Keep your organization secure and happy at the same time
SECURE ACCESS TO THE APPS YOU NEED IN A POWERFUL WINDOWS 10 EXPERIENCE
- All connections between IGEL Universal Management Suite (UMS) and IGEL OS-powered endpoints run over a secure tunnel
- No need for VPN: remote devices can be fully managed via the IGEL Cloud Gateway (ICG) feature
- UMS console admins can use ICG to securely shadow remote user devices, taking over the device keyboard and mouse for troubleshooting
- IGEL OS includes the complete ‘chain of trust’: a series of cryptographic signature verifications, which starts on the AMD SoC (IGEL endpoints) or UEFI (any other x86-64 device) all the way to the target host or cloud
- IGEL OS is Microsoft Secure Boot certified
- IGEL OS includes integrations from some of the leading security-focused partners, such as Imprivata for single sign-on and many more
- IGEL hardware also includes AMD Secure Boot and MemoryGuard technology for added device security
- Proactive security hygiene checks, and best practice assessments by IGEL’s security team protect your endpoints and your business.
REMOVE YOUR ENDPOINTS FROM YOUR SECURITY EQUATION WITH IGEL OS
Today, companies are facing more security-related challenges at the edge – the endpoint device is the most vulnerable point in the network – as multiple forces combine to create a “perfect storm” of potential threats.
IGEL OS is helping IT administrators safeguard endpoints devices by providing employees with secure and managed access to company apps, data and desktops from any device, from anywhere.
With IGEL OS on UD Pocket you can restore productivity amidst a security episode – even from endpoints directly struck down by an unplanned event.