WE BELIEVE SECURITY ON THE ENDPOINT SHOULD BE BUILT-IN, NOT A BOLT-ON!
IGEL OS is a secure endpoint operating system with security ‘built-in’ for the ‘work from anywhere’ era. Its read-only, modular, small footprint is designed to minimize endpoint security exposures and stores no corporate data locally. IGEL OS helps prevent attackers from infiltrating your organization through the most common entry point: your employees’ devices.
ENDPOINT SECURITY STATS
monthly vulnerabilities for Windows that require patching
For over 25 years, organizations have commonly deployed Windows across their PCs and laptops to support the hundreds and thousands of applications today’s businesses run on. However, while this familiar, well-known desktop operating system delivers productivity, it has prominent security and management challenges that have only increased in the ‘work from anywhere’ era. Constant patching, updates, reliance on VPNs, and a wealth of security agents make managing endpoints a full-time job. Many of these challenges are overcome with Microsoft Cloud PC and Windows AVD, which offer Windows from the cloud. Still, the question then becomes, what operating system do I deploy on my employee endpoint devices. Enter IGEL OS.
HOW IGEL HELPS
When things go wrong, and an organization has been subject to a ransomware or other form of attack that interrupts or stops production and essential services, a key priority is getting employees back online and productive in the shortest amount of time. For those who don’t use IGEL OS as their default endpoint operating system, the IGEL UD Pocket can provide a simple, effective, secure way of getting employees back up and running in minutes. With the UD Pocket, employees can run IGEL OS live from the USB key inserted into their device. The UD Pocket boots the employee to IGEL OS, allowing them to connect to their workspace without using the underlying, infected operating system.
SEE IGEL OS AT WORK…
Spend less time worrying about endpoint security
Minimize your endpoint attack surfaces
IGEL makes security simpler. By converting any compatible x86-64 device into a fully functioning read-only cloud workspace, and moving Windows into the cloud, you immediately minimize endpoint attack surfaces, whether on licensed endpoints or on users’ own devices. And that allows you to focus on creating a rock-solid security strategy for your data centers and clouds, without having to worry about what’s going on out in the wild.
IGEL OS was created as an edge OS for cloud workspaces. It’s secure by design:
- Linux based: inherently secure and proven to be safer than Windows on an endpoint
- Read-only: locked-down and tamper-proof
- Modular: use only the modules you need to minimize attack surfaces
- Chain of trust: cryptographic signature verification sequence at startup or re-boot from the hardware or UEFI all the way to the VDI host or cloud – ensures end-to-end system integrity
READ THE SECURITY BRIEF
TURN USER DEVICES INTO RANSOMWARE NON-TARGETS
Say so long to constant patching
Forget multiple patches for multiple machines.
Deploy your patches all in one go in your secure data center or cloud workspace environment. Then immediately revert to an earlier image if you encounter problems. Roll out new apps and software quickly and securely, and bring new users into your network with ease. IGEL OS also ensures migrating to Windows 10 can be achieved with the minimum fuss.
IGEL OS makes maintaining endpoint security easy and smart.
- All Windows updates and patches take place in the secure data center or cloud
- IGEL OS updates on endpoint devices are super-easy to execute via a console drag-and-drop
- Many thousands of IGEL OS-powered endpoints can be updated at once, or any subset
- All IGEL OS updates are verified by IGEL OS at each endpoint to ensure a secure process
Keep your organization secure and happy at the same time
SECURE ACCESS TO THE APPS YOU NEED IN A POWERFUL WINDOWS 10 EXPERIENCE
- All connections between IGEL Universal Management Suite (UMS) and IGEL OS-powered endpoints run over a secure tunnel
- No need for VPN: remote devices can be fully managed via the IGEL Cloud Gateway (ICG) feature
- UMS console admins can use ICG to securely shadow remote user devices, taking over the device keyboard and mouse for troubleshooting
- IGEL OS includes the complete ‘chain of trust’: a series of cryptographic signature verifications, which starts on the AMD SoC (IGEL endpoints) or UEFI (any other x86-64 device) all the way to the target host or cloud
- IGEL hardware also includes AMD Secure Boot and MemoryGuard technology for added device security
- IGEL OS includes integrations from some of the leading security-focused partners, such as Imprivata for single sign-on – and many more